How can any decent section be deemed complete without our medley! We are delighted by the success of this blog series and especially of the medley posts which people find exciting and interesting. It is the embodiment of the Gen Y life style! Fast paced, accurate and filled with go to actionable steps! A real departure from the pleasant, almost gossipy tone of the rest of the offering! Today our medley features a host of different ways in which you can earn money online investing nothing but your free time.
SELL CPU IDLE TIME:
You can actually sell your computer’s time to earn money. We know it seems like a totally wrong practice but there is a whole branch of computer science around this concept- Distributed computing. What basically transpires is this:
Your computer is not using its central processing unit all the time. In fact 80 to 90 percent of the total duration during which you use your computer, the CPU is basically sitting idle or sleeping. This is a shame! This wastage is compounded a thousand times if we take into account the hundreds of thousands of laptops and computers distributed the world over.
What you can do is loan out this idle time of your machine via a reliable middle man to those organizations which need it. A huge task is broken down into smaller components and each component is sent to be computed at a different node- all on borrowed time and unused CPU cycles.
Before committing yourself to such a program, you should keep in mind the following:
1. You are basically compromising your privacy and letting strangers into your computer.
2. You can potentially harm or slow down your machine considerably.
3. Your machine may be used by “dodgy” or shady concerns. As your MAC id is unique, you may land into trouble.
FILL OUT DIRECTORY SUBMISSION FORMS:
The number of websites online is growing exponentially. In this melee if you are to be spotted, you need SEO and you need your name in a number of directories of repute like Yahoo! and Dmoz. This means harassed webmasters and business owners need to actually fill out a large number of directory submission forms. They are actually quite a pain because they:
- 1. Should contain accurately filled information
- 2. Factually correct information
Otherwise the submissions may be rejected. Instead of trying to accomplish these registrations cursing their existence, webmasters like to hire out the job to someone else. Someone with a lot of time on their hands to do it properly and with attention to details! You can be that “someone”.
- 1. Post on online forums articulating your wish to fill up directory submission forms
- 2. Actually submit your About.me page link to a number of directories advertising your generous offer to fill out directory registration forms
You may be surprised by the number of queries you get! After all it isn’t a saturated field as yet.
USE EXISTING ADSENSE ACCOUNT TO MAKE MONEY:
You can take advantage of your existing Adsense account to avail of this opportunity. Adsense is a wonderful advertising program that allows you to monetize the text on your blog or website. This logically means that you do have a website or a blog and in that case you deserve to make a little bit of extra money in your idle time- much like the CPU cycles. What you need to do is simple enough:
- 1. You register with Grow Rich Forum.
- 2. You input your Adsense publishing ID at the time of registration. This is so that the forum can access your choices and options regarding the kind of advertisements you want placed and the keywords chosen by you.
- 3. And then you put in frequent posts on the forum. When you do, on your thread all the adverts from your blog or website are displayed. Whenever someone clicks on the ads, you get paid! It is literally as simple as that. Your posts do not need to be ground breaking, but should make some sense. Just so you don’t bring down the status of your blog or website by publishing inane nonsense for potentially the whole world to see.
ENTER CONTESTS- REGISTER FOR FREE SAMPLE SITES:
This comes last because it is more of a fun practice to test your luck than a bona fide money making way. And more importantly, you are likely to get goodies rather than cash if you go in for these two tricks to add a little surprise (hopefully pleasant) to your life.
- 1. Be on the lookout for online contests and participate regularly. You may even do some luck testing by rolling a dice. If you can get the number you want two out of three times, it is probably your day to win some prizes. www.online-sweepstakes.com is a smashing place to start! You may feel overwhelmed in the beginning. Just know that you have a lot of free time and applying is free. So gorge yourself sick- or should we say apply yourself sick.
- 2. You can also register for sample testing accounts on a large number of websites like www.freeflys.com .These sites dispense trial packs of new products to hit the market as a part of consumer research. You are expected to write short reports about the products. If you don’t, you will simply stop receiving samples. It is better to do a good and prompt job to keep enjoying the benefit of free stuff. http://www.shop4freebies.com/ is a good option for those who seek the free bounty of the internet.
Do people make fortunes off these schemes? No! But it is great to get stuff you don’t have to pay for.