Giants like Avon, Tupperware and Amway have made millions on the shoulders of hard working individuals called CRs or customer representatives! Those earnest, energetic souls who either succeed in converting you into a buyer or die trying! We have all at one point of time or the other bought something just to catch a break from the insistent and incessant trying! Those days are far from over. With the ante climbing high in the form of cash rewards and even 5 star holidays, most CRs now have a host of tools at their disposal to broaden their net and rope in more hapless buyers. E-mail is the primary one. And this method utilizes the lightning speed of e-mail to boost sales and response.
MAIN ATTRIBUTE: Time, a lot of it. And obviously persuasion power! Many of your so called friends may ban you after being irritated time and again, but that’s just another hazard of the job.
HOW TO DO IT:
It is relatively easy and as you will see in a jiffy, not that time consuming. You need to:
- 1. Start out by becoming a member of Avon, Tupperware or Amway. Avon is a good choice because in most countries membership comes free and actually with a welcome goodie bag. And the products you order are delivered to your doorstep without cumbersome prior payment calls.
- 2. Get the latest brochure of your franchise and have it scanned.
- 3. Select the deals which are particularly appealing. You know your friends and even acquaintances well enough to know what can get them hooked. Most companies will send in rep guides to give you an overview of the drool-worthy deals of the month and how to pitch them.
- 4. Write out a great e-mail using the guidelines. As we have iterated earlier, professional e-mail templates come free of cost. You can choose one which goes with your personality and voice and make it your standard.
- 5. Next export all your contacts into an Excel sheet or a comma separated values (CSV) file. Doing this is not absolutely necessary. But if you want to create a mail blast, this is a convenient option. Otherwise you will need to start from A and trudge through to Z manually from your e-mail account. With an Excel sheet, you can copy and paste the whole list in one go!
- 6. E-mail away! Some will mail you back with curses! Some will leave a string of profanities, but some will actually mail back with orders! For every decent order, you can pocket around 10 to 15 percent of the selling price as commission. Not bad at all. The only catch is this: With most programs, the products will reach you and you will have to get it to your client! So don’t include Sean in Scotland just yet!
If becoming the lackey of some conglomerate giant and then hand delivering goods is not your cup of tea, you can actually go ahead and do the same with digital products. Know someone who has written an eBook which is doing miserably in the market? Commiserate with them and offer to boost sales- for a cut of the selling price. It is easy!
- 1. Go to www.sellfy.com and open an account.
- 2. Upload the eBook to the Sellfy system. Upon doing so you will be given a unique Buy Now link.
- 3. Use this link to promote the digital product in question. Post the link on all your social media platforms; e-mail friends with the link and in short exploit every avenue available to get some sales rolling.
- 4. You will know your sales stats and money will be directly deposited into your PayPal account. Be scrupulous and send the author or the owner of the digital good his or her share and have a fruitful long term association.
Another easy way to earn some cash on the side is through the Opportunities program at www.sendoutcardscom. This basically pays you for referring their system, for selling cards from their collection and for training others to understand their commission system. They are very transparent about the whole set up and in-depth information is provided at https://www.sendoutcards.com/opportunity/#from-home-page-icon. Even though it warrants close checking, the success stories at SendOutCards are quite compelling and persuasive! It is definitely worth a try.